Adventures all summer long!
Granby - Grand Lake - Kremmling -
Winter Park/Fraser Valley -Hot Sulphur Springs
Just 67 miles from Denver, Grand County boasts Colorado summer fun! While the mountain peaks may be sporting snow, the meadows are lush with wildflowers and the rivers are running rapid. Long summer days are the perfect time for hiking, rafting or roping at the local rodeo. Summer is also fine arts and crafts season in Grand County. On top of all that, summer is a wonderful time to browse area galleries or hunt through antique stores for that coveted piece of the past.
Golf enthusiasts have their pick of four unique mountain golf courses, Pole Creek Golf Club, Headwaters Golf Resort, Grand Elk Ranch and Club and the Grand Lake Golf Course.
Enjoy time with the family at one of the 6 dude ranches that earned Grand County the title of “Dude Ranch capital of the USA.” Most offer all-inclusive packages that include lodging, meals, trail rides, and other activities such as tennis, golf, swimming, hayrides, and cookouts. Each establishment also has its own unique approach to the authentic Western experience, from down-and-dirty cattle drives to square dance dinners, and rustic cabins to elegant lodges.
For the an outdoor experience, check out the 600 miles of trails for hiking or mountain biking throughout Arapaho National Forest and Rocky Mountain National Park.
Once your legs get tired, hop into the car and acquaintance yourself with the beautiful views with Grand County’s scenic driving routes. You may just find a friend in the elk, deer, big horn sheep or moose that live in the forests.
Escape the heat in one of Grand County’s rivers or major lakes, Grand Lake, Shadow Mountain Reservoir, Lake Granby or Wolford Mountain/ Williams Fork Reservoir. Great for fishing, boating, or sailing, these lakes are cool and beautiful. The Colorado River boasts some of the best fly-fishing in the state.
For more information and to view great events and lodging packages in Grand County visit www.grand-county.com or call 1-800-341-3831.
SUMMER KICK-OFF EVENTS
- May 25-28 Memorial Day Weekend Celebration – Grand Lake
- June 2-3 Grand Lake Fine Arts & Crafts Fair – Grand Lake
- June 9 Open Water Fishing Contest – Kremmling
- June 9 Kaibab Kid’s Fishing Tournament – Granby
- June 15-17 Kremmling Days: Cliff Golf Tournament, Parade, 5m/10m run
- June 16 5th Annual Habitat Hobble – Fraser
- June 16 Winter Park Resort Opens for Summer – Winter Park
- June 17 Annual Mountain Metal Mashers Mud Bog – Kremmling
- June 21-23 Pole Creek Golf Classic – Fraser
- June 23 Grand Lake Art Walk – Grand Lake
- June 23 24th Annual Chili Cook Off/Auction in the Park – Grand Lake
- June 23-24 Granby Fly-Fishing Expo – Granby
- June 30 Rodeo Finale and Independence Day Fireworks – Granby
- June 30 Run for Independence – Winter Park to Fraser
- June 30-July 1 Blues from the Top V at Hideaway Park – Winter Park
- July 4 Celebrations in Kremmling, Grand Lake, Granby and Fraser!